STS partners with many railroads and transits in the U.S. and abroad. Candidates
who meet our screening requirements will be recommended for Fast Track
training and referred to our rail partners for employment.
- Install, repair, test, and maintain components of the signal system, which includes
all associated signal equipment and systems, such as highway grade crossing equipment,
switch machines, train-to-wayside communication systems (TWC), vital/non-vital processors,
wayside detection devices, and other signal and communication apparatus related
to rail service.
- Responsible for safe functioning of all signal equipment governing train movement
at all times, and during repairs, renewals, or replacement.
- Promptly respond to all signal related trouble calls and/or emergency situations.
- Maintain microprocessors and recorder/analyzing equipment and interpret and analyze
data. Computer skills are necessary.
- Abide by company safety requirements, rules and all pertinent federal regulations.
This is a general list of duties and responsibilities that is subject to variation
based on client needs. Many clients start new-hires as Assistant Signalmen, with
the position of Maintainer achievable through training and experience. Entry-level
positions often require travel and time away from home. Most work is performed in
an outdoor environment, and the duties can be physically demanding.
All candidates must forward an updated resume and cover letter detailing your interest in rail/transit careers and location preferences.
We can also help experienced personnel find open positions throughout the industry.
Get your career on track and Apply Now
Contact us at Layla@signaltrain.com.